TV shows have always been a source of entertainment for people around the world. From classic sitcoms to blockbuster dramas, there’s a show for every type of viewer. But as with any form of media, there’s always more going on behind the scenes than what meets the eye. Here are some interesting behind-the-scenes news and gossip about some popular TV shows:
1. “Friends” – The iconic sitcom, which aired from 1994 to 2004, was a massive hit and is still beloved by fans today. However, there was reportedly a lot of tension on set, particularly between Jennifer Aniston (Rachel) and David Schwimmer (Ross). According to various sources, the two actors had a strained relationship and would often argue and bicker. There were also rumors that Aniston and her then-husband, Brad Pitt, would frequently visit the set and cause distractions.
2. “Game of Thrones” – The epic fantasy series, which aired from 2011 to 2019, was known for its elaborate sets and special effects. But it was also known for its controversial ending and the numerous leaks that occurred throughout its run. One of the biggest behind-the-scenes controversies involved the final season, which many fans and critics felt rushed and poorly executed. Showrunners David Benioff and D.B. Weiss faced a lot of backlash over the finale, with some fans even starting a petition to have it remade.
3. “The Sopranos” – The groundbreaking crime drama, which aired from 1999 to 2007, was praised for its complex characters and storylines. However, there were also a lot of issues behind the scenes. Actor James Gandolfini, who played the lead role of Tony Soprano, was known for his volatile temper and would often argue with the show’s creator, David Chase. There were also reports of tension between the cast members, with some alleging that there was a divide between those who were “favorites” of Chase and those who were not.
4. “Grey’s Anatomy” – The long-running medical drama, which first aired in 2005, has had its fair share of behind-the-scenes drama. One of the biggest controversies involved actor Isaiah Washington, who played the role of Dr. Preston Burke. In 2007, Washington used a homophobic slur on set and was subsequently fired from the show. There have also been numerous cast shakeups over the years, with numerous actors leaving the show amid rumors of tension with showrunner Shonda Rhimes.
5. “The Big Bang Theory” – The popular sitcom, which aired from 2007 to 2019, was a hit with audiences and won numerous awards. However, there were also reports of tension on set, particularly between the show’s lead actors, Johnny Galecki (Leonard) and Jim Parsons (Sheldon). According to various sources, the two had a strained relationship and would often argue and bicker. There were also rumors that Parsons, who was the highest paid actor on the show, would often throw tantrums and make unreasonable demands.
TV shows may be a source of entertainment, but as these examples show, there is often a lot more going on behind the scenes than what we see on screen. From on-set arguments to behind-the-scenes power struggles, the world of TV is just as complex as the fictional worlds depicted on screen.